Join All-Star in Saving Energy
Pledge to Change the World, One Step at a Time
Please Join All-Star Home Inspection Services in Saving Energy and the Environment.
As part of our ongoing commitment to the environment, All-Star urges you to help save energy and money and help fight global warming by taking the ENERGY STAR Pledge with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Change the World, Start with ENERGY STAR campaign.
The ENERGY STAR Pledge includes small, energy-saving actions that collectively make a big difference. You can:
- Change light bulbs to those that have earned the ENERGY STAR
- Use a programmable thermostat to save energy while asleep or away from home
- Enable power management settings on computers and monitors so they go into “sleep mode” when away or not in use
- Make your next purchase an ENERGY STAR qualified product, such as home electronics, office products, and/or appliances
- Make sure your home is well sealed and insulated
- And more!
The energy used in the average house can cause twice the greenhouse gas emissions as the average car. By using less energy, you can reduce the amount of fossil fuels burned at power plants to make electricity. This means less of the greenhouse gas emissions that cause global warming. If every American household took part in the pledge, we would save more than 110 billion kilowatt hours of electricity, more than $18 billion in annual energy costs, and prevent greenhouse gases equivalent to the emissions of more than 18 million cars.
All-Star has set a goal to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 356,000 pounds. Help us exceed this goal by taking the ENERGY STAR Pledge today. You can also share your energy-saving story to inspire others to take the pledge.
Go to: http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?fuseaction=globalwarming.showPledge&cpd_id=866 and join millions of others in using products and practices that save energy and money and protect the environment. Together we can make a difference.